Friday, June 15, 2012

Quick check up with Shane

Shane F.
We are busy preparing all of the details for Camp Foley to be ready in time for summer, and I had the chance to have a few questions answered by 2nd year camper Shane F. from Edina Minnesota. Looking back on Shane’s first year at Foley I can see that he was a “busy camper,” no pun intended! Shane left 2011 with 8 awards and also went on a 3 day canoe trip! 

I asked him what he remembers about his first day at camp. “It was very welcoming, but I was a little confused at first. The camp counselors explained everything and took care of me and put me at ease.” His favorite activities were shooting rifles, his three day canoe trip, and fishing.

How has camp changed you as a person? “It has made me more independent and confident.” And lastly I always ask for some advice to give to a first time camper. “Don’t be afraid to try new things, even if you have never done them before.”

This returning year Shane will be accompanied by his sister, so he must have been talking all about it when he left Foley…

- Adam Ashley, Assistant Director.

No comments:

Post a Comment