Thursday, December 6, 2012

TBT: 2012 CITs Throwback

For this edition of Camp Foley's Throwback Thursday we caught up with some of the 2012 Counselors in Training (CITs). We asked them two questions: What made you want to be a CIT and what was your favorite CIT memory from 2012? We also invited them to share any additional tidbits of CIT wisdom. 

Here is what they had to say:


Jack Cunningham (1&2): 
1. I wanted to be a part of, and experience, everything there was to offer at camp. I had watched all of the CITs make such a huge impact on camp life as I was growing through my years of camp and wanted to be a part of that impact they had on camp.
2nd Session Opening Campfire
2. My favorite CIT memories would be the Opening Campfire we performed for second session. We had an awesome theme (Despicable Me Hits Camp Foley), awesome performers and just an overall great experience. I also had a great time doing the Loon Counting Service Project out on the pontoon. We were "kidnapped" onto the pontoon during rest period and had lunch out on the lake and counted the loons we saw for the DNR's record. 


1st Session CIT/LIT3s
Erin Foley (1&2):
1. I have always enjoyed having a lot of responsibility and being able to help younger campers. Also, getting more experiences that can help me be a counselor in the future. Plus, colleges really like when you have a variety [of experiences].
2. I really loved my group of fellow CITs; we got really close. I just loved having my own cabin and leading the Opening Campfire! It was totally worth it in the end!

  
3rd/4th Session CIT Anchor Winners
Nick Goldman (3&4):
1. When I was a Fox and Coyote, I would always look up to the CITs at the time. I had always liked how everyone looked up to them and always wanted to talk and hangout with them. Since then I always wanted to become a CIT and be able to have that influence on others. 
2. I can't distinguish one specific memory, but every night I stayed with my younger cabin until they went to sleep was great. Spending that time with them really helped me get to know the kids, as well as the counselors, a lot better. 


Paige Harrington (3&4):
1. I wanted to be a CIT because I really looked up to all the CITs at Camp, and I saw that they were making the camp experience for some of the kids, so I wanted to try it out and see what I felt about it. I loved it!
2. My favorite memory of being a CIT was the CIT Opening Campfire 4th session [The Bachelor: Lower Mosquito - Disney Princesses]. I really liked it because, well, for one thing I got to be evil, which I've never done before, and for another, leading the camp songs (whether we knew them really well or not) was genuinely a blast.
4th Session Opening Campfire
3. I would just like to urge anyone that has the opportunity to be a CIT presented to them to do it. You learn so much, and not just about younger kids, but also ... about yourself. You figure things out about yourself that you never would have otherwise. It also just shows you whether or not you think you'd want to come back as a counselor, which in my case I know I will be without a shadow of a doubt.

Do you think you'll be a CIT some day? Or maybe you've already been a CIT and remember some of your favorite memories? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. And keep a lookout to see who will join us as CITs in 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment